Advisory and/or legal assistance to banks and insurance companies offering a comprehensive service that includes all types of proceedings.
Third party claims against Banks
Legal representation in judicial proceedings, defending banks against consumer claims and commercial matters relating to:
Derivative financial instruments:
- Preferential shares.
- Investment Funds.
- Structured products.
Bank finance products:
- Mortgage loans.
- Multi-currency loans.
- General contractual conditions in mortgage loans.
- Abusive clauses.
- “Floor clauses”..
Procedures initiated by the Financial Institution against third parties:
- Debt recovery and squatters.
- Sufficiency of powers.
- Preliminary documentation preparation.
- Request for necessary documents.
- Analysis of documents to determine strategy.
- Request for unauthorised copies/registry certifications.
- Debt settlements.
- Sending and receiving of foreclosures to notaries.
- Sending and receiving of bureaufaxes.
- Drafting legal reports (according to established standards).
- Financial rehabilitation of awarded assets.
- Registration of ownership.
- Cancellation of conditions subsequent, town planning, reversionary rights, arrangements with creditors, censuses, purchase options, certifications of ownership and implementation procedures.
- Legal report on the registry status and economic activities of estate. Status, domain, charges and encumbrances and possible existence of debts owed to the co-owner’s association (ask for the certificate to be kept current, if appropriate) taxes, etc.
- Change of cadastral owner.
- Pre-signature and signature:
- Contact with client and coordination of signature by the parties, i.e., the purchaser, owner, Notary and agent, if the latter is necessary.
- Checking and managing reservation, money laundering requirements, customer documentation, etc.
- Requesting and checking documents required for signature of deed by the buyer, seller and bank, if any.
- Customise documents to terms of the sale, special clauses, charges and encumbrances, etc., subject to approval of the transaction to formalise and review documentation; document checks to verify they comply with the conditions of the property.
- Processing collection of signatures for proxy transactions by powers of attorney.
- Attending deed signatures on behalf of the owner.
- Requesting and obtaining the keys.
- Notifying the sale to the Co-ownership association.