- Pofessor of Labour Law and Social Security, Complutense University of Madrid.
- Appointed Magistrate of the Constitutional Court in 1998.
- The first woman president of the Constitutional Court between 2004 and 2011.
- She has taught on various graduate programs and master’s degrees, as well as specialist courses in several Spanish and foreign universities.
- A member of the Managing Committee and vice-rector of International and Institutional Relations at the Charles III University of Madrid.
- She has been a member of the Council of the Bartolomé de las Casas Institute of Political Sciences and Human Rights
- Academic director of the European Institute of Industrial Relations at the Charles III University of Madrid.
- At the request of the Government, she was a member of the group of policy experts in labour law that drafted the law governing stable part-time employment.
- She has been a member of several groups of high-level experts from the European Union.
- She is the author of numerous publications and essays on matters within her area of expertise.
- She is director of the journal “Relaciones Laborales”.
- “12th Pelayo Award for Jurists of Recognised Prestige” (2006).
- Special Honorary Award for a prestigious career in the legal-labour area, awarded by the National Association of Labour Lawyers (2007).
- Honorary Member and Gold Medal of the National Association of Labour Lawyers (2008).
Spanish, English, Italian, French.